The College of Liberal Arts has honored two students with a Larry Temple Scholarship. The 2012-13 Larry Temple Scholarship winners are: William Hoenig, a Plan II Honors sophomore majoring in electrical engineering and economics; and Nicole Kruijs, a Plan II Honors sophomore majoring in public health. Go to this website for more details.
The Asian Community and Education Foundation awarded $500 scholarships to three Center for Asian American Studies students: Tu-Uyen Nguyen, Lalini Pedris and Jennifer Tran. Go to this website for more details.
Twelve graduating seniors have been named Dean’s Distinguished Graduates. Each year the College of Liberal Arts honors 12 seniors with the Dean’s Distinguished Graduate Award for their leadership, scholarly achievements and service to the community. The honorees are:
- Roberto Flotte, Jr. (Anthropology/Mexican American Studies)
- Kathleen Burns (English/Biology)
- Naveen Pattisapu (Plan II Honors/Biology/Ecology, Evolution & Behavior)
- Kelli Schultz (Plan II Honors/American Studies/Theatre & Dance)
- Jessica Messier (Psychology/Mathematics)
- Derya Kadipasaoglu (Linguistics/Philosophy)
- Viviana Aldous (Plan II Honors/Philosophy)
- Jillian Owens (Plan II Honors/Religious Studies)
- Jean Na James Lamon (Government/English/Philosophy)
- James Lamon (Government/English/Philosophy)
- Natalie Butler (Plan II Honors/Government/Communication Studies)
- Melissa Macaya (Plan II Honors/Latin American Studies/Journalism)
Anjali Data (Plan II/Engineering) is among only 15 students in the nation selected this year to receive a five-year, $250,000 Hertz Foundation Fellowship to pursue graduate research at the university of her choice. Go to this website for more details.